Paph. fowliei x Krull's Donna Brown

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
SjdVcMv.jpg

859hkmH.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the Barbata section, but I absolutely loved the Krull's Donna Brown parent of this, and I'm a biiiiiiig fan of small growing paphs and phrags, so I couldn't turn this down when Paphreek had his Deerwood Orchids fall sale last year.

This is a lovely little plant, 9 inch leaf span in a 2 inch pot. The flower is almost 4 inches across. So, it's small and lovely and fits perfectly under the lights. I like the plant, it's definitely a keeper. I was hoping it would be darker overall with more spots on the petals, but I'm certainly happy with this.

I could not find any additional information as to whether this is a named hybrid or not.

I have not yet named this cross. None have turned out vinicolor like the parent, Krull's Donna Brown, but I like the purple/maroon petal tips and the brushing on the dorsal. I'm hoping they grow quickly into a clump of growths like fowliei, producing multiple spikes when mature.

More photos, including foliage...

MFT91GW.jpg

kraazsv.jpg

pPBxX9y.jpg

X3N3ouz.jpg

As you can see, it's also producing at least 1 new growth (there might be a tiny one started as well), so I think it does have strong clumping potential. The stem is nice and strong, it didn't really require staking, I just did that to help protect it "just in case" because I'm clumsy.

I didn't repot the plant when I got it, because I prefer to wait until spring whenever possible. But, by the time the spring repotting season started in March, it was clear this plant was spiking up, so I didn't want to disturb it. Roots still look plentiful and healthy, so I'm sure it'll be fine to wait until the plant is done blooming.

Latest posts

Back