Paph. Dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow--gorgeous! So that is the secret to blooming this one, cooler? That I'll have to try.

Thanks again everybody. Yes, Dot. I think cool temps are important to initiate the spike and keep it healthy. It will grow well in warm temps; but, blooming in warm conditions is another story.

Thanks again everybody. Yes, Dot. I think cool temps are important to initiate the spike and keep it healthy. It will grow well in warm temps; but, blooming in warm conditions is another story.

John what do you mean more precisely by cool temps here? Thanks! Jean

How did I miss this thread til now? UTTERLY FANTASTIC!!!! :clap::clap::clap::drool::drool::drool:

John what do you mean more precisely by cool temps here? Thanks! Jean

My greenhouse goes down to about ~58*F at night in the winter and up to
~80*F on a sunny day.....only ~70*F on a cloudy one. In summer the temps are usually warmer than that; but, this past summer was exceptionally cool! I was also loathe to put on the heater in July!!! So, in reality, the plants got colder at night than they do in the winter. Temps regularly went down into the low ~50's F and a few times, even lower. Day temps were ~75*F to
~85*F. Light was low to medium.

Congratulation John !!! That is a beautifully bloomed Paph. Now it's on my wishlist and will have to start looking for it as soon as I get the ones that are on my must have now list :) Congrats again !!!

Dollgoldi again

John,

Once again - what a beautiful flower. I am really glad to see the whole plant/photo with blooms as it gives a better perspective on flower size. It is a perfect looking plant. I may have to consider this one for the future as I have always liked it. . . if it will do under my conditions of windows/grow lights - cool winter conditions and so on.

phrag-man

hello very nice flower your greenhouse cool is how light and temperature

Hi Raymond,

It was a surprise to see this old thread bumped up to the front. Thanks for your compliments. My greenhouse gets down to about 58*F at night in the fall and winter. It goes up to about 80*F on sunny days; about 70*F on cloudy ones. The light where this plant was growing is fairly bright both winter and summer. I'd say it's getting good Cattleya light all year 'round.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back