Paph. charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I have two of these with the same parents (‘Top Hat’ x ‘Pink Blush’), each from a different vendor. The other plant is still too small to bloom

I'm a bit disappointed in this one, as the dorsal recurved after it opened fairly flat. Sigh.

Paph_charlesworthii.jpg

Paph_charlesworthii-side.jpg

It might be a lot better when it blooms on a multi growth plant. Its good enough that I'd keep watering it for another year or two to see how it changes.

OH!!! I don't know Dot that looks pretty darn good to me, it's actually better then the one I own. Thanks.. Jim.

Yup Try it again Dot.

Not only is it young, but it's an odd time of year for this species to be blooming (unless you're in Australia:poke:)

I think it just tried too hard to make it on this growth.

Yup Try it again Dot.

Not only is it young, but it's an odd time of year for this species to be blooming (unless you're in Australia:poke:)

I think it just tried too hard to make it on this growth.

No sign of mine flowering yet. But I agree it is a strange time to be flowering in the northern hemisphere. The bottom half of the flower is fantastic. Lets hope the top half improves in future flowerings.

David

It looks good to me. Isn't this rather typical for the species? We may have to accept for now, give it time, it will change!

:confused:What's unusual?

Normally the dorsal sepal does not reflex back. This one almost makes it seem like there is a hint of spicerianum in the background.

Hopefully the dorsal will improve on the second flowering. I love the staminode of this species but I only just noticed the colouration/pattern of the ovary and stem. Wow, funky :D

Latest posts

Back