Paph. Booths Stone Lady 'Pitch Perfect'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Good colors and shoulders. What's the habit of the petals where the color gets saturated? Do they want to twist slightly? BTW, the spots on the 3rd flowers right petal (as you look at it) are the opening notes to 'Fur Elise'

Beautiful!!!

the spots on the 3rd flowers right petal (as you look at it) are the opening notes to 'Fur Elise'
I will have to look for music from the spots on some of mine.:)

curious,
is Orchid zone going to release any seedlings of this cross?

that's got to be worth an HCC..possibly an AM

Actually, Linus, that petal plays d,g,d,g,d,d,5th starting on g, d, 5th starting on g, assuming we ignore the bottom-most stripe lol.

Wow! Good colors and shoulders. What's the habit of the petals where the color gets saturated? Do they want to twist slightly? BTW, the spots on the 3rd flowers right petal (as you look at it) are the opening notes to 'Fur Elise'

Yes they twist from the stonei influence. I want them to twist since the main parent is stonei and in this cross I want the flower to look like a saturated stonei on steroids.

curious,
is Orchid zone going to release any seedlings of this cross?

that's got to be worth an HCC..possibly an AM

You would have to ask John Chant that question. I wouldnt sell these unbloomed if I had the cross, that is for sure.

The clone will never see an AOS judge panel unless I sell a division as I place zero value in AOS judging so for me the question is not pertinent. I place no value on FCC vs AM vs HCC vs no award. I only care about what I like if I am going to aquire something or people's eye I trust. For me this clone is a superstar and fills this love I have of stonei. It is like a perfect stonei. Richly saturated, full dosal, nice synsepal, thick petals, large flower. First bloom seedling so it will get better in terms of flower count. Love stonei.

great fur elise reference especially with the clonal name lol

Back