Paph bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Faan

A few bellatulums I have in flower at present. I just hope I can keep them alive.

Paphbellatulum4IMG_5885LK.jpg

Paphbellatulum3IMG_5888LK.jpg

Paphbellatulum2IMG_5901LK.jpg

Paphbellatulum1IMG_5891LK.jpg

If you have qualms about keeping them alive you can spread the risk and give some to me :D I will be in the neighborhood on Saturday or Sunday. If the flasks still show no sign of fungus I will bring them along.

Oh, I got some limestone from a someone in Parrow and will bring some along for you to test on some plants if you want to. I think the bellatulums would appreciate it in their mix.

tt

Grow them with cool night temps, (around 50F).

I have not experienced a temperature below 6C or 43F but it is wet when the temperature goes that low. Although the plants are not in the rain the humidity is high and everything stays wet. This is the time when I never know to water or not.

Tyrone it might be a good idea to pass the risk on to you if you replace when they pass on!

Beautiful bellatulums, Faan! They don't look like you're struggling with them.

Grow them with cool night temps, (around 50F).
I don't think I've heard that before, Lance. I've got two clones; one in the middle and one at the warm end of my intermediate greenhouse. The back end gets quite cool at night (50*F - 55*F). I'll move them down to that end today. Thanks.

Tyrone it might be a good idea to pass the risk on to you if you replace when they pass on!

It took me several years for me to kill my first Brachy hybrid and I'm much wiser now than then so that deal doesn't sound too bad. If it lives, can I keep a division?

BTW, anyone have any idea of the maturation time of an insigne pod? I did a cross last may onto an insigne with a Maudiae type pollen and I'm wondering when I green-pod sow the seed?

tt4n

Back