Paph. barbigerum v. album 'Albino Beauty' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, darn! The cross with the album helenae pollen didn't take. The flower began to fade a few days ago and today, I noticed that it had fallen and the ovary and stem have turned yellow. Bummer.

I'll look forward to it. :) We're a patient lot, us Paph growers! Meanwhile, I'll be happy to repot this plant in the spring and grow it up larger over the summer.

So you obtained a division of an awarded plant, is that it?

Yes. This is a division of the awarded plant, not a selfing or outcross. If it was a cross using the awarded plant as one parent, the title of this thread would say "x sib", or "x 'other parent's clonal name'". If it was a selfing, the thread title would say "x self".

Honestly, I thought this was clear because of the subject of this thread along with what I said in my opening post. I have never, ever, given anybody reason to doubt me. I do not play fast and loose with the true identity of my plants. It is dishonest to identify an offspring with just one parent's name without the "x self" or "x sib" attached. Plus, I paid Sam $US400.00 for this division.....it had better be an actual piece of the original plant, as promised by Sam....unless you know something about Sam's ethics that I don't?

I trust Sam and I'd trust you.
Im sorry if you've been offended.

Oops, I do come off as a bit grumpy, don't I? 'Didn't mean that....sorry. But, as I reread my post now....yeah, it does have an edge to it. I just wanted to be clear and get the record straight, once and for all. Whether or not this was an actual division had been dealt with twice already (by what and how I posted in my first post and by your initial confirmation inquiry). So, I guess my grumpy side showed a bit when the question of authenticity came up again.

People do often write names incorrectly and while I presume it is most often an ignorant mistake, it's a known fact that sometimes it's a deliberate attempt at being dishonest. It's done to impress people, or increase the perceived value of a plant in the case of a plant for sale. So, it was not entirely unreasonable for you or anyone else to double check with me that the plant was what the subject line says it is....a true division of the awarded clone. However, being asked a second time is beating a dead horse. I already confirmed it's a division. What more can I say? However, something that I didn't think at the time, is that perhaps CambriaWhat had not read all the other posts in the thread and therefore, didn't realize the authenticity question had been dealt with and made perfectly clear, already.

Back