P. Waunaukee Sunset 'Cherry'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is not doing very well. How are you keeping it? I have 5 new growths, but the originals have just lingered not doing anything. I just talked to CA about it and he said it is lower light. I also put some rock wool in it to keep it much more wet than it was.

Mine is not doing very well. How are you keeping it? I have 5 new growths, but the originals have just lingered not doing anything. I just talked to CA about it and he said it is lower light. I also put some rock wool in it to keep it much more wet than it was.
I have it in NZ tree fern, water it 1-2x per week under led light for 12 hrs per day. Fertilize weakly every watering and use Kelpak the first watering of the month. It did take about a year to settle into my conditions.

I have it in NZ tree fern, water it 1-2x per week under led light for 12 hrs per day. Fertilize weakly every watering and use Kelpak the first watering of the month. It did take about a year to settle into my conditions.
I really do think that the "ambient" humidity is of great value to orchids. As am in Clovis, New Mexico, there is very little humidity, and you are on the east (your public profile says N. Carolina." I guess I will try a bit of fertilizer. I have been fertilizing only 2 times per year. I suppose I should since it is spring now. But I checked and there are 4 or 5 new leaves sprouting out. That has been only in the last 2 weeks or so. I will get some of that tree fern. I also noticed you have some living moss as well. What kind is that?

I really do think that the "ambient" humidity is of great value to orchids. As am in Clovis, New Mexico, there is very little humidity, and you are on the east (your public profile says N. Carolina." I guess I will try a bit of fertilizer. I have been fertilizing only 2 times per year. I suppose I should since it is spring now. But I checked and there are 4 or 5 new leaves sprouting out. That has been only in the last 2 weeks or so. I will get some of that tree fern. I also noticed you have some living moss as well. What kind is that?
Any moss you see is not intentional, it's just whatever sprouts and thrives.

this plant wants to have wet tray situation,as it tries to grow out of the tray,growing in a south facing window,near Niagara Falls,Ontario

Mine is a division directly from Chuck Acker. It is a "cherry" I hope I can get it going well. It has 5 new growths but hardly did anything over the time I have had it.

Do you have the 'Cherry' clone or a seedling/seedlings? At one point I grew a flask up and never had any with rhizome challenges.
funny you mentioned that, I also have a waunakee sunset"cherry" division from Chuck , when it flowered it looked like this ( some visitor to his nursery probably switched the tag to get a "named clone" plant without paying the real price, or some one pulled the tag & put it back in a different pot, so I contacted Chuck , he sent a replacement and gift me the wrong plant free, however the replacement hasn't bloomed so I don't know what I got still . The thing is the 1st wrong plant keep trying to throw all these leggy , elongated growths out of the pot.

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 1
I havent figured out how to induce the "legs" to sprout,given that they like to climb out of the tray.

Latest posts

Back