Ornithocephalus patentilobum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got old, Ricardo, just like a lot of us. LOL🤣 Glad to see you still grow some orchids....How are Irma and Jose?
I got rid of my collection a few years ago but I still have a few mainly Paphs. I have not bought an orchid for at least five years, so I am no longer an addict.

You got old, Ricardo, just like a lot of us. LOL🤣 Glad to see you still grow some orchids....How are Irma and Jose?
I got rid of my collection a few years ago but I still have a few mainly Paphs. I have not bought an orchid for at least five years, so I am no longer an addict.
Hi Tom. José died a few years ago, Irma is ok, but her orchid collection was entirely lost in the aftermath of hurricanes Irma and Maria. I am old but not yed dead. :)

Hi Tom. José died a few years ago, Irma is ok, but her orchid collection was entirely lost in the aftermath of hurricanes Irma and Maria. I am old but not yed dead. :)
Sorry to hear about Jose's passing...Glad to hear Irma is doing okay. I am assuming she is still doing the judging? Say hi to her for me if you see her.
I am a retiree now and we travel a lot, that is why I had to get rid of my collection. It sounds like you do a lot of travel, enjoying your life too. Glad to see you here.

Sorry to hear about Jose's passing...Glad to hear Irma is doing okay. I am assuming she is still doing the judging? Say hi to her for me if you see her.
I am a retiree now and we travel a lot, that is why I had to get rid of my collection. It sounds like you do a lot of travel, enjoying your life too. Glad to see you here.
Irma retired from judging. I don't know why, I assume because of all the driving. I am doing ok, I love my job but I will retire in a few years. I like it here, information about Paphs that shows here.

No longer an addict? One of the rare ones you are lol. And lucky 🍀.

No longer an addict? One of the rare ones you are lol. And lucky 🍀.
Yup but from time to time, I still feel itchy, especially when I see something nice/different here...It is all about willpower🤣--I haven't had a cigarette for almost 17 years...and I keep telling myself that, if I can quit smoking, I can quit orchids.🤣
Just be honest here, quitting orchids is harder...the real reason is that I could not take care of my collection if we wanted to travel often (At least 70% of my orchids were mounted on cork slabs or hardwoods, and as we all know, the mounted ones do need more (daily)care than those in pots in general.....but things can change if we slow down on our travels in the future(not near future tho)...

Cool and very unusual. Seems to be pretty rare, could you post a photo of the whole plant for posterity?
Ricardo may not have a whole plant photo on file...but all the species in this genus looks pretty similar. Here are few of them I grew in the past:

Attachments

• P1020247.jpg
    P1020247.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020991.JPG
    P1020991.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1230701669-1.jpg
    1230701669-1.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back