Oregon Orchid Society Show 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsorchids

Reaction score
Somewhat on a whim I decided to get out of the house and take a road trip down to Portland and see the OOS show. It was good to see a couple STers there. I saw Pete (neo-guy) and Theresa (orchidmaven).

Here are some of the lovely plants from Theresa's display (Hillsview Gardens)

Nice Paph. malipoense
2ih181w.jpg

r72mn6.jpg

js20iu.jpg

a4vq0z.jpg

A friend's Pleione that won a CHM.
2z891eb.jpg

Susan

Some more...

Love the red "noses"
33xvx55.jpg

30mpq8y.jpg

kcz86b.jpg

2gy0lyq.jpg

Exquisite little blue Dendrobium. It won an AM/AOS, but photo doesn't do it justice.
xdfd4x.jpg

Susan

Some more...

Stunning blue Catt.
2hrlstt.jpg

2mmbvk2.jpg

I was totally captivated by a couple of weirdies there :D.

Epidendrum medusae
2s6ncep.jpg

And how cool is this one :D. Appropriately named Pleurothallis tarantula. I think I'm going to have to find one for myself. According to its owner it is easy to grow and tolerates both warm and cool conditions.
rrio92.jpg

rwjtd1.jpg

Susan

Hi Susan,
It was nice to meet you too. Thanks for posting those wonderful pics of the show. The blue dendrobium is the rare Den. cyanocentrum. Not only did we give it an AM/AOS, the grower (Terry) also got a 91 pt CCE/AOS for outstanding culture. It had over 40 flowers and 6 buds well presented all around the plant.
Pete

Great pics of very lovely blooms Susan, bravo!!!! The blue catt is awesome, indeed, but the medusae, and the masdis, and the vittelina and.... :drool: !!!! Jean

Susan, had you bought any plants, I was the one who took your money at the cashier.... It was looooooong two days. Glad you enjoyed it.

Great pics thanks for share,
If I would buy such a pleuro my wife would kill me:evil:

And how cool is this one :D. Appropriately named Pleurothallis tarantula. I think I'm going to have to find one for myself. According to its owner it is easy to grow and tolerates both warm and cool conditions.
rrio92.jpg

rwjtd1.jpg

Susan
when you find one for yourself I'll take one too! Love it!:clap::clap:

I'd love to get the pleuro and the little dendro!!! WOW!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Your welcome everyone :).

Oh, that pleuro reminds me of my days in South Texas!

If I would buy such a pleuro my wife would kill me

:rollhappy:

Susan, had you bought any plants, I was the one who took your money at the cashier.... It was looooooong two days. Glad you enjoyed it.

I didn't end up buying anything, but I'm sure I saw you there. It was definitely a high quality show.

Susan

Latest posts

Back