New schlimii season!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
What do you think?

schlimi.jpg

This is a real cool portrait of a lovely schlimii!!!! Is it alone on that plant or is there more spiking? Jean

(the first bud of my first schlimii to bloom for this year blasted last week :eek:)

This is a real cool portrait of a lovely schlimii!!!! Is it alone on that plant or is there more spiking? Jean

(the first bud of my first schlimii to bloom for this year blasted last week :eek:)

The plant was divided earlier this year, so there's only two flowering stems, but too far apart to be in the same pic. :)

The picture is very grainy on my monitor. Esp in the middle of the flower. Nice flower though!

I did have some trouble getting that part into focus. This is a small flower with lots of little hair scattering the light. Thanks fo the comments. :)

Very nice composition. Bon rendu des couleur (tout en douceur-soft colors). Nice use of back light.

Cette plante a une fleur ravissante!!! Du pur bonbon! Is it an easy plant to grow for you? I never tried, thinking it was difficult.

But I would say like SlipperKing. Grainy. Did you had sharpness? (accentuation, netteté).

For focus, I suppose you know that you can add depth of fied if you close diaphragm ? (OK... I am sure you already know it!!!!).

And sometimes, when my subject is close from the lens, it found it very difficult to get a sharp image. So, I move the plant black a little. Finding a good dept of field is easier when subject is not too close. And I « cut » the image with Photoshop. Of course, the subject should not be to far aways from the lens.

That flower is a challenge for a close-up. At slightly over 3cm wide, there's no way I could have got close enough to it to fill the frame as it does. Macro lens would have been useful but that camera doesn't have any. I had to use both digital zoom and optical zoom to take that picture. Then there is the matter of the fuzziness. More light means there is more light for the little hair to scatter around, making the picture less sharp. Less light means less scattering but increases the graininess. Not sure if a higher ASA number would have really helped in this case. Using more sharp/smooth ratio would have led to errant pixellation. So I chose to go midway somewhat with the result that you see. :p

Very beautiful.

The grainyness/pixelation can be diminished by viewing the image smaller.
The image you posted is 1023px, if you resize it to about 600px wide the pixelation will not be as obvious.

There is nothing wrong with the grainy image but the loss of detail and large pixels moves the image into more "art" than reality photography.

I think it's a very cute flower.

Maybe the graininess is the result of too much compression on the JPEG. Also could be over-sharpening.

Cool nights around 15C or a bit cooler. Daytime about 25C and more shade than other phrags. Frequent watering and light feeding with every watering. The plant is potted in Aussie Gold mix for phrags and paphs.

Michel

Latest posts

Back