new plants

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
phrag warsckiwickizeanium x china dragon

9f5fc92402a2739a3ebe9c59837da371.jpg

phrag china dragon

4509e9a619d7597000478a843f82c0c2.jpg

paph addicted phillip x kolosand

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/6f67e4718f6e6c68038cb6725f46d9d5.jpg[/IM

courteousy of marilyn ledoux. she is awesome!!!

Ok, lol... I'm ferilizing with organics very low numbers with ro water twice a week is that too much for winter?

Ok the proper spelling is warscewiczianum or wallisii or caudatum lol.. depending on who you talk to lol..

Hi Troy. If you mean popowii, yes.
Now warscewiczianum is the correct name for wallisii. There is being a bigg mess with the names of the caudatum complex but basically there are 3 species:

1-warscewiczianum = wallisii = lindenii (lindenii is a warscewiczianum without pouch) (Colombia and Ecuador)

2-popowii = humboldtii = exstaminodium (exstaminodium is a popowii without stamidode) (Panama and Mexico)

3-caudatum (Peru)

I the past some people used the term warscewiczianum refering to the popowii so you can find some plants mislabeled...

Hi Troy. If you mean popowii, yes.
Now warscewiczianum is the correct name for wallisii. There is being a bigg mess with the names of the caudatum complex but basically there are 3 species:

1-warscewiczianum = wallisii = lindenii (lindenii is a warscewiczianum without pouch) (Colombia and Ecuador)

2-popowii = humboldtii = exstaminodium (exstaminodium is a popowii without stamidode) (Panama and Mexico)

3-caudatum (Peru)

I the past some people used the term warscewiczianum refering to the popowii so you can find some plants mislabeled...

Eliseo,

You are correct except for the spelling.
As Eric said warszewiczianum is the correct spelling for the taxon formerly called wallisii.
The name warscewiczianum or caudatum var. warscewiczianum is the name formerly used for the current popowii (humboldtii).
The difference is in the use of the 'z' and 'c'.

All the best,

Rob

Latest posts

Back