New Phrag species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Browsing thru the forum I notice that none of the members have commented on the new Phrag species described and pictured in the March "Orchids".
Phrag manzurii, which looks like a green besseae with a pink pouch. Did this one slip by or is it a non event ?????

Didn't slip by but only caused minor interest. It looks so much like schlimii that one has to look real hard to figure out the differences. I'm not convinced that this new name will find wide acceptance outside the head of people who collect names rather than orchids.

Cheers,

This species is quite unique in color and should prove useful in hybridizing. Obviously it is close to schlimii and fischeri in character....

Didn't slip by but only caused minor interest. It looks so much like schlimii that one has to look real hard to figure out the differences. I'm not convinced that this new name will find wide acceptance outside the head of people who collect names rather than orchids.

Cheers,

I agree with Slippertalker & Jonh M. I think the flower's color looks very different to schlimii, even in comparing to the white one which owned by Gore
http://www.goreorchids.com/GalleryStorage/phrag-schlimii-wh2.jpg
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...Phrag+manzurii&hl=en&rlz=1W1GGLG_en&sa=N&um=1

It didn't slip by and for a price I will send you one. Don't worry that it looks just like Phrag fischeri! :evil:

Life would be perfect if everything just slips by the big brother's (sharp as eagles) watching eyes wouldn't it:evil::wink::evil:
By the way, how come they won't be able to find radio active material that the terrorist may sneak into the country, but manage to consfisticate these little plants.

Life would be perfect if everything just slips by the big brother's (sharp as eagles) watching eyes wouldn't it:evil::wink::evil:
By the way, how come they won't be able to find radio active material that the terrorist may sneak into the country, but manage to consfisticate these little plants.
Don't you know that Paphs are the worst kind of terroritsts???

Latest posts

Back