New additions!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Well!!! Because summer was an unfortunate period for my plants and me I started expanding my collection again! The threee plants in the picture arived yesterday! They are from the bottle to the other side: 1. Coelogyne speciosa, 2. Dendrobium gracilicaule and 3. Angraecum magdalene. I have also purchased some bulbous species of the genuses Spathoglottis (kimballiana, eburnea, affinis), Pecteilis (susanne, sangariki), Calanthe and Geodorum and six Cattleya hybrids (second picture - I hope I will grow them properly). Some masdevallias are on their way...I will post some pics when they arrive...:D

Attachments

• plants.JPG
    plants.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 31
  • plants1.JPG
    plants1.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
:clap::clap: We expect to see blooming pics soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you go growing Masdevallias with your hot greek summer? That must be a challenge.

Great haul...! :) Be aware that some of your new terrestrials do need a definite rest period, or else they will say byebye very quickly...

I have this in mind and I am very cautious right now! time will tell! Thanks for the tip...:)

How do you go growing Masdevallias with your hot greek summer? That must be a challenge.

Well, I may need to move them to my village where it is more humid and a little cooler place that here in the city!!! Some fan's air moving will accompany them for sure during summer... :)

Thank you all for the wishes! I hope I will reward you with pics of their blooms!!! :)

Hi Biothenasis,
I would love to see your terrestrials. They are so beautiful when grown well! Lots of photos coming this next year I hope. And the Agrcm. mag., That is one of my absolute favorites! Great buys:clap:

These came today!!! I hope I will be up to their expectations!!!! :D
As shown in the photo:
Masdevallia abbreviata
Masdevallia menatoi
Masdevallia discoidea
Masdevallia caloptera
lighter ... :D

(The leaves are healthy (thank God), but due to the lighting they may seem sick/weird. But they are ok!!)

Attachments

• masdavalia.JPG
    masdavalia.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
Yes, good luck with them. Looks like some nice pickups!

I have caloptera and have huge problems in getting it to grow properly, not sure why. If you have success with it I would like to hear about it.

I would love to help you if I succeed growing it, Bolero!!!!! I was hoping if I could just pot the mounted plants in pots with leca so as to give them more (and for longer period) humidity!! Otherwise daily spaying would do them good in this part! I will update soon!!! Oh, and do they need ussaul fertilising or less than normal?? I use very little dose (much less than recommended) of fertilising in every watering for my other plants (paphios and oncidiums, dendros and cattleyas), so what about them (masdies)??? Thank you in advance!!!

Some new Paph seedlings I got resently!!!:D
The first are noid plants and I got them in great price... If I flower them then there might be a guess of what they are!! They are sets of two of three different hybrids! In the next picture are: Paph armeniacum, Paph wardii and Paph micranthum!!! Maybe I have confused the tags as far as micranthum and armeniacum are concerned!!!

Attachments

• Paph seedlindgs.JPG
    Paph seedlindgs.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Paph nfs seeldings.JPG
    Paph nfs seeldings.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 11
did you get these ones together with the spicerianum?? anway, nice buys!

For wardii, I am not sure, because the plant that I bought some months ago as wardii as mottled leaves! Jean

Ops, so this might not be wardii...!!?:( LOL

Jean: These are from two different vendors, none of whom are the german one...:D

This is a closer look (looks) to thew wardii! I have seen in some pictures that some wardii do not have mottled leaves, especially the album ones!!! Could it be???? LOL Time will show...:D

Attachments

• DSC00713.JPG
    DSC00713.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back