New 400w lumatek ballast--great new features

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penangirl

Reaction score
nyc,queens,iraq, talibanistan, afganastan
I was forced to buy a new ballast due to my old one failing in a surge or brownout.anyway

to my suprise the lumetek 120v 400w ballast was not the same plain jane ballast ive been using for years. mind you i have burned out 3 lumateks in about 5 years. not the best record. but protection has arrived

NEW FEATURES

-----dual external circuit breaker system to protect against surges.. about time--maybe my ballast wont burn out as often.
-----internal rf sheilding and baref lamp cord rf sheilded as well. will nulify inerference into your personal electronics nearby the unit.
-----and now for the granddady
-----Super Lumens switch. a nice chome nob controlling the four phase ouput controller or"dimmer" 100%-75%-50% and super lumens or 110% marked on the ballast as 250w, 275w, 400w and super lumens or 440w. i mean this thing is incredible. protecion versatility ect.. i hope it has some longevity.. and remains running for a long time.

lumatek claims this ballast outputs 20 -30% more lumens than there competitors. lumatek also has the 5 yr warranty,

It looks like they got of there asses and thought about what growers want, and acutually implemented some cool new usefull features. this is a pimped out ballast, plain jane has left the building.

Latest posts

Back