My paphs under lamp

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy

Reaction score
I have a small growing area under lights, mostly for housing my young paphs and other tender plants.

The paphs are placed under two 27W compact fluorescent lamps (6500K) which are turned on for 12 hours a day.

My growing medium of choice is pure sphagnum moss or sometimes with some perlite added.

paph.jpg

paph1.jpg

Nice collection! Where are the tags to identify them? You will outgrow your space as soon as you deflask them or within 6 to 12 months you will be out of room.

Paphman910

Lovely collection!!!! What plants are those with the light green leaves at the bottom of the picture??? TY

Thanks! No tags yet. Since they came from only 3 flasks they're still easy to remember. Yes, some of the compots badly need repotting, but I just don't have the space. I'm waiting for warmer weather, then I'll grow them outdoors.

I was talking about the ones that are inside the yellow circles on the pic I posted...! TY!!!

Attachments

• paph1.jpg
    paph1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 45
Oops, they're african violet, Rob's Lucky Number.

a greenhouse grower near here was big into african violets until his ability to expand his collection far outpaced his ability to care for them... I remember that he had varieties that had 'Rob's x x ' related names on the tags. I guess plants really do get around!

Very nice . Hardy are you doing your own flask work? Until you get tags made up you colud always write the identity of the plants on the sides of the pots and flasks.

Very nice . Hardy are you doing your own flask work? Until you get tags made up you colud always write the identity of the plants on the sides of the pots and flasks.

No, I bought all of the flasks. But I want to try some time.

Looking very healthy. When it gets warmer? It's the cool season there now!?

Yes, Taiwan has a winter period, around November to February. :)

Back