My New Polycarb 6mm House and Orchid Babies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My greenhouse extension to the glasshouse has almost been completed this week.. Here are are some pics.. Lots of room to expand now.

SAM_0398.jpg

SAM_0401.jpg

I will cover it with bubble wrap soon, as it gets to 12c now at night. I dont think I will heat it now though as we only get to 0c. Covering keeps temps high enough for hardier species here.

Its not enough. its not enough!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like more light too, but unless I can chop some of the neighbours trees hahahha

If I didnt get 3 hours of midday sun, I wouldnt need shade cloth

Brett

ps.. Oh and the rats and possums... Damn the orchid eating fauna

Thanks for the comments everyone.. Didnt have a lot of time of late for replies. The greenhouse is done now, and all that is left is to put the bubble wrap on the inside of the roof and put up the benches. Pics here of the work so far. Cant wait to get the benches up and plants on them by the weekend I hope. The bubble wrap so far is raising the temp inside by 4c about ambient without heating. Given we get to 0c then I may heat the greenhouse a little.

Brett
SAM_0472.jpg

SAM_0471.jpg

SAM_0478.jpg

SAM_0476.jpg

SAM_0465.jpg

SAM_0463.jpg

SAM_0469.jpg

SAM_0475.jpg

SAM_0470.jpg

Some pics of the benches and finished bubble wrap for winter (will be pulled up side walls in summer. Now to fill this baby :p
SAM_0533.jpg

SAM_0532.jpg

SAM_0534.jpg

SAM_0531.jpg

SAM_0535.jpg

SAM_0538.jpg

SAM_0540.jpg

SAM_0542.jpg

Wonderful set up!!!!! Great work!!!! :clap:

How did you connect the bubble wrap sheets together? Did you make them detouchable? I found out that during summer it would be better if plastic sheets were removed. I have also put some shade cloth. When sun strikes through the unshaded part, then the gh turns into a furnace, when on shade cloth the difference can reach up to 10oC.

HAPPY GROWING!!!!!! :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back