My new pets (Geckos)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Here are my new babies!!! :)

An African Fat Tailed Gecko
2004_0612geckos10080002.jpg

2004_0612geckos10080007.jpg

I think this 1 is a Golden Thai Gecko??

2004_0612geckos10080004.jpg

2004_0612geckos10080008.jpg

Tom

Your fat-tail has a regenerated tail. Your leucistic Leopard needs to eat more, try wax worms. I have 8 leopard geckos including one of the first het for snow morphs. Check out the leopard gecko forum on kingsnake.com

Eric
I had them given to me last week. They didn't eat for a few days+++ before I got them. They are eating 7+++ crickets a day now. I haven't got the meal worms yet (on the list) I just got some supplies(from e-bay) for them, heat rock,vitamins (sprinkle on food) chilo wood, under tank heat pad, screen cover, water crystals ect.
Thanks for the link!!!

Tom

IDK about water chrystals? Mesh top is nec to keep crickets from invading house, Man do neighbors complain about that one! I don't like mealworms because a lot of leopard geckos won't eat them. Waxworms on the other hand are like butter frosting to them! they will need some large rocks to sleep [a lot] under. BTW, they are calm enough to put on your shoulder and walk around w/. Also don't be too alarmed the 1st time you get bitten.

Thanks for the info. I will get the waxworms. I don't have to worry about neighbors, the neareast 1 is 1000ft away. I have 500 crickets in a large tote. I have been handling them since I got them, They seem to be very clam, the AFT. is shy, no bites yet!!!

Tom

I love my leopard geckoes...have had them several years...but they won't eat waxworms!

I had a Leopard Gecko and an AFT when I was growing up. DEFINITELY my favorite lizards! They were easily some of the tamest creatures I've ever come across.

I wouldn't use mealworms either. I'm not sure what's myth and what's not, but I've heard a lot of horror stories about them eating their way out of animals stomachs when swallowed alive.

Latest posts

Back