My Mexipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrag guy

Reaction score
Mexipedium001.jpg

Has 11 spikes ,most with 2 branches and main shoot,one has 3 branches with main shoot, with a couple more spikes getting ready to emerge. Very happy this year, Also had spikes at Christmas.
Not the best picture,had trouble trying to get everythingin focus.

Wow! I can see why you are happy. Congrat's on your very well grown plant and thanks for sharing it with us.

That's one big specimen plant. How long has it took to grow this large and what are your cultural conditions/feeds. It's definitely award quality and would'nt hesitate to put it forward. You don't see this kind of plant that big everyday!!

Great growing!:clap::clap:

Gary
UK

Bought it in 2007 as a single growth plant,just water and feed it regular,lots of light,sits with the rest of my phrags,mist it every couple days when misting seedlings.
Thanks for the great comments everyone

That's one big specimen plant. How long has it took to grow this large and what are your cultural conditions/feeds. It's definitely award quality and would'nt hesitate to put it forward. You don't see this kind of plant that big everyday!!

Great growing!:clap::clap:

Gary
UK

Bought it in 2007 as a single growth plant,just water and feed it regular,lots of light,sits with the rest of my phrags,mist it every couple days when misting seedlings.
Thanks for the great comments everyone

And what is the water chemistry like of your regular irrigation water?

I use R.O. water with the M.S.U. formula every second watering,they are is bark, charcoal,perlite mix probally equal parts I may have also sprikled oster shell on the top.

And what is the water chemistry like of your regular irrigation water?

Impressive Russel, Makes me want to purchase a piece. What is your pot like and do you repot it?

Holy crap Russell! I bought a double growth plant in 2008 and now, it's a single growth plant! I humbly bow down to you....oh, great Mexipedium growing God!

I use R.O. water with the M.S.U. formula every second watering,they are is bark, charcoal,perlite mix probally equal parts I may have also sprikled oster shell on the top.

Ok. Keep your eyes open.

That's what mine did too. Mine jumped in just a few years to a monster plant too, but started to decline and have problems after a big blooming a couple of years ago. Keep the calcium supplementation up and you might consider blending some tap water into your irrigation water.

Latest posts

Back