My Mexipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bcostello

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

I have two spikes on mine now, also. I'd say mine is in dappled sunlight, and I, also water mine once a week.

Such a sweet flower!

That looks really nice. It looks like the medium does not dry out at all. So many runners as well.

Are these commercially available. They're beautiful. I want one, now!
Are they hard to grow?
I do want to mentioned before I joined this thread I really wasn't interested in Lady Slippers at all. But my wife was, and then I read "Scent of a Scandal" about the PK and I was enamored and got pretty charged up about getting one. Just something about the PK and the besseae. And now this one. Slippers are truly beautiful orchids. I also enjoyed reading the threads about the micranthum and the controversy between the China one and the Japanese one. Cool stuff.

What is the media?
You've put me to shame, mine's pitiful!

I follow Marilyn LeDoux's recipe given on her website to a T.

My saucer probably does need more drain holes in it. I had to drill the one hole in it cause it was a saucer for a big pot.

I have to water mine more then once a week to keep the media wet/damp. Another way to put it, to keep the moss alive and damp. I have mine with the Cattleyas. Jay has three big plants with one in spike. All 3 are close on the bench but two are shaded too much by other plants!

Latest posts

Back