My first attempt at mounting a Neo, traditional style

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the neo pots, is there sphagnum moss all in the pot or styrofoam or something else inside the pot and moss just on top?

just started potting in sphag. im seeing how they like having their roots wrapped in a little bit of coconut fiber than wrapped in sphag. If i wrapped the roots in pure sphag they dont dry up until like 3-4 days later with coconut fiber they dry in 2-3 days

Small net pots inverted can also be used. I haven't found the small ones here but have found some large diameter open-structured plastic hair rollers that work just fine ... nice little spikes on the outside that grip the moss as you wind it round.

Heather, I got ... ounami seikai, suikaden, shikoden, shisen furan, kohou, koukakuden, tamakongo, and shirayuki ...
... which join ... isechabo, seikai, hisui, benisuzume, awaharibeni, shutennou and the standard white furan in my little neo patch.

As you can see haven't gone much into variegated types ... yet ... so far just flower color and growth style.

Cheers,
Tim

Just got a question, so if you put it in sphag in a pot its called mounting. So what happens if you put it on a piece of cork on a string? :poke:

Latest posts

Back