most bizarre paph ever

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool!

I have also seen in the paper a lobster that was split right in half with red and black. They said in the lobster half of the cells during early development had gone through mutation, while the other half didn't

NYEric...If you read my post and follow the link, you will see there was a similar post before, but I think this is a new one. Eric
Yep, you're correct. I'm suprised to see something so unusual again! I would love to see a bunch of plants like this I would buy them no question. It's the best of both maud. worlds. Umm, can't they reproduce in lab-clones!?

I happened to have had to clone some sansieveria... and it is extremely difficult to keep the tissues jointed in the same way. Actually, the only way is to start with a "big" explant, and control the hormons/growth rate very, very carefully. Those chimaeras can have one part growing faster than the other one, and overcome the whole, to give a "normal" plant. It happens sometimes with variegated dendrobium, you have to cut from time to time a growth here and there, or they revert back to normal.

I will take pics, but I have a micranthum with similar leaves, half alba half normal, and a very, very weird delenatii. The flowers are like a very good normal delenatii, but small, 5cm.

Attachments

• SD530037.JPG
    SD530037.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back