More Phrags in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Phrag Jersey (dalessandroi X besseae flavum) - This plant is a beast! Huge growth without long rhizomes and the single spike as the central lead and two side branches. Thinking about back crossing it with my besseae flavum to get that old school besseae look but with likely branching flavum spikes

The second picture is Phrag longifolium 'Sterlings Greenfield' got it from a friend who grew for a long time then decided to give up his collection. The first two flowers on the spike where totally symmetrical and now this flower decides to get all wonky on me.

Thanks

Tyler

Attachments

• Jersey resized.jpg
    Jersey resized.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 39
  • longifolium Sterlings Greenfield.jpg
    longifolium Sterlings Greenfield.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 28
That jersey is great. I have two that are with besseae flavum also and neither have as good of color. Although one of mine luckily is a decent yellow, the other is just a fairly unremarkable orange

Thanks! I tend to keep the GH pretty cool this time of year, dipping into the low 50's almost every night and once in a while it gets in the high 40's.

Tyler

PS. I kinda wish that this one was going to be more yellow but all in all I like it

I would not think theat the Jersey would be yellowish but crossed back to something light like Taras or besseae fluvum...:)
Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back