Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dendrochilum magnum bloomed. I'm mad because if I had turned it (rotated it) sooner I would have had 4 more inflourescens. :mad: I got it from Cal-Orchids at the Shore Festival in NJ.
P9072146.jpg

P9072144.jpg

Pleuro smithiana in bloom
P9072145.jpg

Order from Thanh Nugyen - Springwater Orchids, a clowesetum, sedieria, and a paph.
P9022140.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet magnum!
Looks like it just got a bunch of new growths.

Does one repot this after the bloom, or do these favor small pots?

Sweet magnum!

It got 11 new growths and is putting out another now!? I hear they like to be potbound but I will check.

Nice, but do you ever cook something on this stove?

LOL! Actually I cook every night for 2! Last night Chicken Fajitas and the night before Vietnamese style steak cubes, sauteed spinach and baked potaotes! :D

Sweet magnum!

My understanding it that they do.

Seems early for a magnum - looks great just the same! :drool::drool:
:eek: I spoke to soon - I've got a spike!
Overall your plant's leaves look good, the older leaves on mine have black spots - the cause? any ideas? there are 4-5 new growths on each plant.

Very nice blooms and great purchases!!!!

Eric, how do you treat your pleurothalids in summer??

It got 11 new growths and is putting out another now!? I hear they like to be potbound but I will check.

LOL! Actually I cook every night for 2! Last night Chicken Fajitas and the night before Vietnamese style steak cubes, sauteed spinach and baked potaotes! :D

Just be careful not to mix the fertilizers and plant care stuff with your receipes! :poke:

Heat and electricity are included. I just prefer natural air. [for nyc that is :p] I used to open the window all the way so the apartment was like being outside but with the KAT walking outside in the 2" ledge that had to stop! :mad:

P9192158.jpg

Yellow Mem. Dick Clements, a reliable bloomer
P9172156.jpg

A couple of Paphs from Thanh Nguyen and a few eBay goodyera pubescens
P9102155.jpg

plain
P9102153.jpg

spotted fringe
P9102152.jpg

2 type of Haraella retrocala
P9092150.jpg

Tolumnia (no tag, DOH!)