Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Oberonias have a problem with direction.
The consistent Isochilus linear.
My Bulbophyllum ambrosia, because we water so much it grew mostly off the mount. Time to adjust the growth.

Attachments

• 20231230_123057.jpg
    20231230_123057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240106_084619.jpg
    20240106_084619.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240106_112431.jpg
    20240106_112431.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I thought I could stop rotting Jewel orchids by growing them in inorganic media. Nope. Any advice would be welcome.

Attachments

• 20240127_132504.jpg
    20240127_132504.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
I thought I could stop rotting Jewel orchids by growing them in inorganic media. Nope. Any advice would be welcome.
Don't know what you did to it...it is an easy plant to grow...like a weed. I grew them in a clay pot with Pro-Mix(a pea base potting soil with some perlites), moist or slightly dry...for sure not soggy.

Don't know what you did to it...it is an easy plant to grow...like a weed. I grew them in a clay pot with Pro-Mix(a pea base potting soil with some perlites), moist or slightly dry...for sure not soggy.
I used to grow Mocodes and Ludisia into huge masses. Now I can't keep them from rotting. IDK what's going wrong.

I thought I could stop rotting Jewel orchids by growing them in inorganic media. Nope. Any advice would …
I’ve had good luck with the Atlanta Botanical Garden mix in clay for the few that I grow. ABG mix.

It holds water well. And I haven’t been able to overwater, and forgetting to water for a few days hasn’t seemed to matter.
Of course ymmv.

I’ve had good luck with the Atlanta Botanical Garden mix in clay for the few that I grow. ABG mix.

It holds water well. And I haven’t been able to overwater, and forgetting to water for a few days hasn’t seemed to matter.
Of course ymmv.
I was not having luck with moss, but I will get some more plants and try the mix. Thanks

Latest posts

Back