Mexipedium 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
It's been a couple years since I had blooms, but it's grown a lot. Only 2 growths with flowers so far, but the older spike is branching.

MexiWP2012.jpg

Mexiflowers.jpg

Thats a big Mexi!!! Congrats on the blooms!!!

Nice strawberry pot too!!!!:poke:

That's one big mexipedium Rick. Do you feed the same as all your other orchids or treat differently. Nice branching on one of the spikes. Just a cracking plant!!:clap:

Gary
UK

It get's fed the same as everything else, but I would say that Klite has made a big difference in leaf size and structure. It used to have short thick leaves, almost like a succulent. But since Klite, the leaves are as much as twice as long, tough, and normal thickness for something like a cattleya.

If you were to dig out one of my old threads you would see the plant in a 4" pot with "aerial keikis" hanging out all over. Now its in a 10" pot with all the stolons contained.

I filled the bottom half of the pot with Styrofoam peanuts and coarse limestone gravel. The mix is bark with charcoal/perlite/cichlid sand.

It sits next to most of my phrags and gets some water thrown on it every day.

really nice rick! I had grow this species in the past and the leafspan was 7-8 inches across and the rhizome was about 10 inches long. I grew it in lavarock, chc, dolomite lime, perlite in a bulb pot. I fertilize with 20-20-20 year round!

Flowers were still small so I sold it and got a division back from my friend!

I grew it warm!

Paphman910

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back