Memphis OS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ernie

Was in Memphis last weekend speaking at the Memphis Orchid Society meeting and had a great time. Swamprad was kind enough to share his lovely home for my visit. Met fbrem at the meeting AND got to see his awesome carnivore bog garden in person. Swamprad does cook a fine steak! He chooses a fine selection of beer and wine too! :) Thanks guys for the incredible hospitality.

Cheers!
Ernie

Ernie was a great houseguest and a super speaker!

I had intended to only pick up 2 or 3 new orchids from his visit, but somehow, when all was said and done, there were 10 new plants in my collection (really, really good ones, too!)

Ernie was a great houseguest and a super speaker! I had intended to only pick up 2 or 3 new orchids from his visit, but somehow, when all was said and done, there were 10 new plants in my collection (really, really good ones, too!)

Well don't keep us in suspense - what did you get?

Well, let's see... Paph. Ma Belle, Vanda Pearman, Wossner Bellarmi, a nice big roth seedling, Phrag. Acker's Charm, Paphinia Majestic, Phal. cornu-cervi, Phal. Sogo Grape 'Fireball', and a couple others I can't think of at the moment!

Well, let's see... Paph. Ma Belle, Vanda Pearman, Wossner Bellarmi, a nice big roth seedling, Phrag. Acker's Charm, Paphinia Majestic, Phal. cornu-cervi, Phal. Sogo Grape 'Fireball', and a couple others I can't think of at the moment!

Hsinying Delight and (Muriel Constance X Hsinying Franz)...

-Ernie

Nice!
I have 2 Acker's Charm, I 'll look forward to seeing how yours compares!

Nice!
I have 2 Acker's Charm, I 'll look forward to seeing how yours compares!

Mark saw ours in bloom and considered getting it. I recommended against it, and glad I did. The last flower fell off yesterday in perfect form true to our Phrag friends' habits. If I ever get to it, I'll post a pic. Pretty much like yours Rose, but without the funky pouch business (I think that might go away on next bloom?). I was suprised at the changes that cross undergoes as the flower opens! They look almost like straight longifoliums as the bud first cracks then metamorphose into the big, pink, Schorederae-like beauties they are.

-Ernie

...... Pretty much like yours Rose, but without the funky pouch business (I think that might go away on next bloom?). I was suprised at the changes that cross undergoes as the flower opens! They look almost like straight longifoliums as the bud first cracks then metamorphose into the big, pink, Schorederae-like beauties they are. -Ernie

The pouch on the next bloom was fine, I did an update pic. It's really neat that the petals are straight & then 2-3 days later they are spiraled. I do like them!

Back