Mem. Dave Myhre

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brian Monk

This plant was given to me by a friend after it was passed at a judging. I don't know if he was feeling generous or disgusted! In all fairness, this is the best blooming yet. The blemish on the dorsal is actually cold damage. This is the second bloom on this spike, and the plant has been in bloom on this spike for over 8 weeks. It is a primary hybrid between philippinense x hirsutissimum, though the tag of this plant shows it is the reverse cross (hirsutissimum x philippinense).

davemhyre.jpg

This is the 1st hirsut cross that I've seen that I like. I saw a couple this weekend that were pretty bad & in most cases hirsut was dominant but in the cross it's a good combo!

I have to say I like it too! A really nice, interesting (imo) result for that cross! I like the twist to the petals, and I'm always interested to see how the colors and spotting come through on a hirsut cross :)

Wow! I really like it too! I like the twist to the petals but also the contrast yellow:purple...

Back