Looking for a Little Charity

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orchid folks tend to be kind-hearted. Folks lose plants to a freeze, and we donate. We do more than that, too.

When a coworker lost his son in Iraq a few years ago, the online orchid community donated over $1300 toward the support of his widow and young son. Now I'm coming to you again to support someone else in need.

Gregg Bittner is a homebuilder by trade, and a generous one, to boot. One time, when a woman's husband died, he completed the construction of their home at no charge, even though he had not gotten all of the contracted price.

Unfortunately, he is debilitated by multiple sclerosis, compounded by long-undiagnosed Lyme disease. He is confined to a wheelchair, has lost his business, savings, and the equity in his home trying to pay medical bills.

Local suppliers and contractors, knowing how generous Gregg has been his whole life, are donating materials and time to building an accessible home for Gregg, his wife Sherri, and their family. More cash is needed, and that's where I come in, with my hat in my hand.

You may read more HERE, or if you're more generous than curious you may donate directly though our WEB STORE.

Thanks in advance.

Poor man,feel bad for him and for his family. Check will be sent to Trinity Episcopal Church in his name.

I would advise people to use the Gofundme page. The more people who donate there, the more the balance will be and the more people will want to donate. Those who have donated best share the link on Facebook, Twitter etc...

Ray, whatever you have so far, you should just put on Gofundme to make that balance swell.

Ray, whatever you have so far, you should just put on Gofundme to make that balance swell.

That is exactly what I have been doing, even though I get hit twice - once when the direct donation is handled by PayPal, and the cut GoFundMe takes.

I have received several checks, too.

Just a quick update (and to try to generate more donations), of the 6 forums I posted this to, Slippertalk is #2 in terms of dollars contributed.

Latest posts

Back