• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Large P.kovachii seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alfredo Manrique is bringing a limited number of plants from Peru for sale to the AOS meeting in California on Oct 19th. He has asked me to let ST forum members know that he is taking pre orders.

The large P. kovachii seedlings are a self cross of his 'Jessica' clone. Plant size is shown in the photos below with a 12" ruler.
The price is $120 each and he will ship from the meeting to US addresses (additional shipping cost).

In addition to the kovachii species he will bring some other plants which I will post once I get his list sorted out.

Alfredo can be contacted by email at [email protected]

This is the Jessica clone:
Jessica.JPG

PKlarge1.JPG

PKlarge2.JPG

I may get one bye I like the one with purple mid color better thou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the kovachii hybrids Alfredo is bringing, they are small plants and the numbers are how many he is bringing. As you can see supplies are limited.
His price is $30 each.

Phragmipedium Eumelia Arias (kovachii x schilmii) 1
Phragmipedium Glen Decker (Jason Fischer x kovachii) 2
Phragmipedium Incan Treasure (kovachii x longifolium) 2
Phragmipedium Memoria Emma Decker (Don Wimber x kovachii) 3
Phragmipedium Memoria Maria Teresa Fighetti (Elizabeth Castle x kovachii) 8
Phragmipedium kovachi x Susannne Decker 2
Phragmipedium Peruflora’s Saltimbanco (P. Boissierianum x kovachii) 1
Phragmipedium Yelva Myhre (Rosalie Dixler x kovachii) 2
Phragmipedium Taras x Phragmipedium kovachii 3
Phragmipedium richteri x P kovachii 1

Below is the list of species.
I dont know the prices or sizes so if you are interested email Alfredo at [email protected]

Brassavola ovaliformis 4
Cattleya. maxima 3
Cattleya. rex 6
Catasetum incurvum 5
Catasetum sacatum 1
Catasetum schunkei 5
Cycnoches cooperi 3
Enciclya microtos 3
Gongora sanderiana 2
Mormodes variabilis 5
Phragmipedium boissierianum 3
Phragmipedium caudatum 3
Phragmipedium richteri 3
Phragmipedium pearcei 3
Phragmipedium wallisii 3
Stanhopea manriquei 10
Stanhopea haseloviana 10
Stanhopea candida 6
Stanhopea nigripes 3
Trichocentrum tigrinum 5

Lance,
Do you know what the substrate he is using in those pots in the picture? It looks more like grow cubes and perlite with miss growing on top. I know Alfredo was originally using bark, perlite and gravel mix.

Lance,
Do you know what the substrate he is using in those pots in the picture? It looks more like grow cubes and perlite with miss growing on top. I know Alfredo was originally using bark, perlite and gravel mix.

I think what you are seeing are stones. Grow cubes probably don't exist in Peru yet. I'll ask him what his substrate is.

Lance,

Here is what Alfredo said about the substrate:

"Hi Lance:
The substrate of the picture is made of stones plus milled tree fern, works great for seedlings, for mature plants I switch to a mix of crushed stones, fir bark, perlite and charcoal..
Regards
Alffredo"

Lance, thanks, appreciate you getting an answer. That's the same he was using. Just looked different.

Latest posts

Back