Laelia purpurata v. carnea 'Super Seven'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

Laelia purpurata season is still in full swing here in the northern hemisphere. This fragrant Brazilian species is so endearing that whole orchid societies in Brazil focus just on this one species. This one is the color variety known as "carnea", and I've given it the informal clonal name of 'Super Seven' because the flowers are just a little over seven inches across in natural spread...over eight inches across if you flatten it out. This is the second year it has bloomed from a seedling, so its still not mature yet. I bought it as a small seedling from H & R Nurseries and its a combination of the clones 'Hihimanu' x 'MAJ'.

Is this a real flower? It looks more as a painting to me very well done. I just like that pink in the lip in contrast to the white. Would like to have one. Very nice picture as well.

Absolutely stunning flowers and photo!

Mine is still a baby so I've no choice but to admire other people's :D

WOW! :drool:excellent photography and extremely beautiful flower & colour ! thank you and ..:drool: and... :drool:

Latest posts

Back