kovachii So Far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps we need to find a new spectacular phrag species that will take the pressure off kovachii hybrids. Give it some time. I'm sure there are grander things to come.

I think the problem with any Phrag hybrids is they are too monotone in both color and shape. Sure there are a few exceptional hybrids, but good clones are really hard to come by. I mean how many times they going to keep making besseae crosses back to beassae type hybrids??? Jason Fisher, Scarlet Ohara, MDC, etc etc....that pretty looks the same...

I have seen Pk hybrid in show n the size is just wow... but the color is rather dissapointing..

I think the problem with any Phrag hybrids is they are too monotone in both color and shape.

I agree with this, the phrag hybrids available today are fairly similar. I find myself in a tougher situation in which phrag hybrids that are either green, or brown, or ochre I find to be hideous. So, I do like the besseae hybrids and those with colors other than the aforementioned, but agree that the shapes are rather monotonous from hybrid to hybrid.

Yet, will PK really change this...

In terms of colour at least I agree with the above flavum based hybrids have produced some nice results.

Back