• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

kovachii lovers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is nuts is that I just got one for free. Its a tiny seedling (3 growths/plants) but it looks OH SO cute. I have it potted in spag moss but am thinking of switching to a bark based seedling Paph mix with some shell grit to provide alkalinity. Will probably keep some spag in the mix to retain moisture. Do these guys want to be kept wet or moist all the time?

tt

If I ever sell some of mine, it will be on ebay.......incredibly overpriced for such a small plant that has not been grown very well.

To me it even looks like it may be an "illegal" kovachii. Look at the way the leaves were hacked off on the mature growth. Doubt that this was an originally seedgrown plant that came out of tissue culture. If it was would you not say what the parents are ('Maximus' x 'Goliath' or 'Laura' x Anne' etc.)? Just because he says he has Cites paper work, does not mean it belongs to this plant.

Just saying.....

Robert

The seller is someone who has offered plants on eBay before. Others here at the forum have posted links to his auctions. If I remember correctly, he's the same guy who sold a delenatii var dunkel a few months ago and we had a huge discussion thread about it. He's on the up-and-up, as I recall from the earlier thread. I don't know him personally, however.

Edited: Here's a link to that other thread:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10746&highlight=dunkel

Saw this one...my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I saw the price!:eek:

Saw this one...my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I saw the price!:eek:

Actually if it is a blooming sized to near blooming sized plant, that is what we would be charging as well, so I don't think that is too steep.

Robert

This is Dennis D'Alessandro as the seller. What I find interesting is the fact there is only one bidder......One bidder with 6 bids??? I think someone listed the price too low and decided to up the base line.

^ ^
I'm thinking that there was a Reserve Price and the bidder kept bidding in order to meet it.

This is Dennis D'Alessandro as the seller. What I find interesting is the fact there is only one bidder......One bidder with 6 bids??? I think someone listed the price too low and decided to up the base line.

I take back my words, if it is Dennis who is selling, it is probably a legit plant with legal CITES paper work.

I asked him how he got the plant, and what the parents were. He answered that he bought it from Peruflora, but does not know what the parents are. If it is from Peruflora, it is a legal plant.

Robert

I think the bidder kept bidding until the reserve was met.

Old enough, but I was not living in the States during the Reagan years.

Robert

after thinking about this, i paid 100 dollars for a seedling the size of
two matchsticks. OUCH!

^ ^
I'm thinking that there was a Reserve Price and the bidder kept bidding in order to meet it.

I think that the bids are automatic every time someone bids his bid go's up to whatever his max bid is. Who ever it is they must want the plant real bad.

Back