In-Charm Gold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
This is in my eyes the nicest flowering of this plant so far. Pretty helenae-heavy flower, if one compares with the pictures of some Taiwanese awarded flowers (in OrchidWiz).
The cross is helenae x Emerald Magic, the latter being a fat green made by the OZ.
In the second pic is my helenae as well and, blurred in the back, Emerald Brocade (correct spelling), since Gary (Trithor) suggested I should mate those two.

Attachments

• P In-Charm Gold.JPG
    P In-Charm Gold.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 58
  • P In-Charm gold in group.JPG
    P In-Charm gold in group.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
I would prefer to try it with a helenae fm. aureum. The brownish pouch on a green flower is not my cup of tea.
Yes I know, the resulting flowers may also have a brownish pouch, but maybe not, because the Emerald Brocade has a lot of album and semialbum genes in its background...

helenae has been crossed with quite a few complexs, with good results & the ones I've seen seem to show that hint of helenae!

Way to go! A mini novelty with good shape and golden colour, I think it will be a good one. ( I understand what Rick is saying, but I don't believe the way forward is always by mating very different flowers. I don't think you are looking for a major shift, but a degree of refinement) if at any point you are unsure, send the pod to me and I will gladly flask them.

Latest posts

Back