Holy splitting bud!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
My phrag Allison Strohm is about to flower for the first time at last. It's been pushing this big bud up for weeks. Now, at two inches long, it's finally breaking open. To avoid any bud drop in case of a weak peduncle, like it happened earlier with my Suzanne Decker, I made sure to shore it up solid. :p

003.jpg

Yhe whole plant
004-1.jpg

The bud is still opening and from what I can see inside, this Allison Strohm may turn out rather pale pink. Silly me, I was hoping for pure white...:rollhappy:

004.jpg

005.jpg

Nice, but what is the other :)evil:) besseae hybrid in the back, the flavum one?

That is Memoria Grace Stoddart (Green Hornet x besseae var. flava) Latest flower. I love this one. It has very good potential in my opinion.

PhragMemoriaGraceStoddartGreenHornetxbesseaevarflava.jpg

Two great plants (flowers) in your 2nd pic; is that your library holding the bench up?:rollhappy:

Home made shelves made of wood to support galvanized pans. After watering the plants, the water goes in there and evaporate slowly providing extra humidity in the room. The colorful ribbons were won by my plants at my local orchid society or during local orchid shows. Seemed like a good place to staple them on.

It sure leaves a good impression when someone walks into the room for the first time. :rolleyes:

Yippee-can't wait to see it as I have one with 3 growths but by the look of yours It needs to get bigger before I can see it.Hope it is within my lifetime!:D

Latest posts

Back