Hello glaucophyllum!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
One crazy fused petal makes this flower ready for a dance! This is the third plant I've planted from this particular cross and it's the best! HaHa
p1070028e.jpg

I LOVE this. Adorable!

(though I hope this is either in the process of opening or a fluke as the colouring is to die for)

Is this the first bloom on this spike?

Mine has gone through changes in flower quality over the last couple years I've had it.

At first there was always some asymmetry or distortion in the pouch (1st spike), next new spike started with some nice flowers, but crapped out after only a few flowers. This newest spike had a great first flower, a stuck petal second flower, and the 3 and 4 flowers are the best yet.

I haven't bred a cochlopetalum in a long time. I might need pollen from this one Rick

Thanks all. Yes Rick, first flower, first spike. See the yellowish green line on the good petal, upper edge. It continues across and thicker tissue on the bent petal causing it the fold onto the pouch. It doesn't look like in the pic but the petals are a tad wider then normal as well. Might be a good trait if it repeats on normal flowers.

Here's the 3rd or 4th flower on this spike. The last one had a folded/stuck dorsal. This one is about as clean as they get.

Nice one Rick. Yours has much more spotting on the pouch then mine. I hace 3 more in high spike, I could have better ones!

Very dark and beautiful! You should show a picture of the leaves! Once you see the leaves you will understand why it is called glaucophyllum!

Paphman910

Very dark and beautiful! You should show a picture of the leaves! Once you see the leaves you will understand why it is called glaucophyllum!

Paphman910

I did a ways back on one of Ernie's threads. Yes that bluish'dusty look is very attractive.

Latest posts

Back