Hello from Montreal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy T

Reaction score
I have been reading messages on slipper talk off and on and decided that I would like to be part of this knowledgeable and friendly group. A bit about me. I have downsized my orchid collection and now limit myself to 30-35 plants. I grow my plants on a 2 tier light garden using BotanicalLED lights along with a humidifer, a room heater and fan in the plant room. I like parvisepalum hybrids and have Paph. Lynleigh Koopowitz and Paph. Fanaticum. Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz has flowered for me and had a gorgeous pink/white flower with a delightful fragrance. Paph. Fanaticum is a new acquisition and in the process of growing roots and a new leaf. Most of the remaining orchids are also fragrant and consist of cattleya alliance hybrids, phalaenopsis hybrids, Cymbidium ensifolium, oncidium twinkle, etc. I have found that hybrids are sturdier than their species parents/ancestors. So, I decided to follow the easier route and have mainly hybrids with 2 fragrant species orchid (Cymbidium ensifolium and Phalaenopsis bellina).

That's it for me. I hope you all enjoy experiencing the total eclipse of the sun today if you were in its path. Quite a once in a lifetime experience.

Welcome to the forum. I was in Montreal about two decades ago, beautiful city. I visited the Biodome. I remember the warnings about excessive heat in the tropical rain forest. I went to the forest exhibit and said "ahhhh feels like home!"

Latest posts

Back