Hello from East London, South Africa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Hello

Im 17 years old and Ive been growing orchids for about 4 years now. I was first interested in this hobby when i saw orchids being shown at a judged show. I have slowly progresses with my orchid hobby, since 2011 i have been studying to become an orchid judge. My hobby started with 1 lonely cymbidium and has progressed to over 300 plants ranging from cooler growing species like pleurothallis to warmer growing vanda species and hybrids. My favourite orchids are Phrags and Paphs. Ive only been growing Paphs and phrags for about 2 years now, and im trying to master their cultural requirements. I have also just recently flasked my own Cattleya hybrid in a house hold environment. I had to teach myself as i went along as no one in our surrounding area has grown from flask.

Thank you

Any questions are welcome!

Sounds like me, 20+ years ago!!!! You wanna watch it from now on....

Welcome to the mad pack! B)

6147297093_9937269a05_b.jpg

6033133914_3415f43f61_z.jpg

Sounds like me, 20+ years ago!!!! You wanna watch it from now on....

Welcome to the mad pack! B)

Looks amazing ! wish i could be like that one day:drool:

TyroneGenade: Welcome Dane,

You coming to the slipper symposium in August/September?

Its good to see another slipper fan in South Africa.

Unfortunatly i can't attend it as i'll be writing my matric exams:(

Welcome Dane,
It is great to see a young grower in South Africa! We desperately need more younger growers worldwide.
Dont worry about not coming to the symposium (I will buy all the plants that you would have!)
Where do you get your plants from? I see a Hilo Green and a green complex on the Paph pages.

Welcome Dane,
It is great to see a young grower in South Africa! We desperately need more younger growers worldwide.
Dont worry about not coming to the symposium (I will buy all the plants that you would have!)
Where do you get your plants from? I see a Hilo Green and a green complex on the Paph pages.

Mainly from plantae orchids, and from a grower in PE who imports.

Wow, how exciting to be flasking at 17! :clap:

The mind boggles :drool: at the possibilities of just what you may create in the course of your next 100 years as a hobbyist. It's gratifying to know that there are prodigies out there to carry on the work of today's masters.

Welcome!

Wow, how exciting to be flasking at 17! :clap:

The mind boggles :drool: at the possibilities of just what you may create in the course of your next 100 years as a hobbyist. It's gratifying to know that there are prodigies out there to carry on the work of today's masters.

Welcome!

Thanks! I love flasking now:p

Latest posts

Back