Groups Champion of TPS Paphiopedilum Show - 2011 May

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few (youngster) randsii plants, the largest abour 12" wide, so it's going to take about 46 years for that one to bloom. Flowering plants? I've never seen one in over 20 years of ochidology.:mad:

There have been one or two bloomings posted on this site over the last couple of years. One of the plants I know is no longer with us:(

Obviously they've had some bloomings at Orchid Inn and Fox Valley within the last few years, because seedlings just came out from them. I got some from both, and they are only about 6 inches across, but growing faster than I expected in the basket system. MORE MAGNESIUM!!

the randsii is exceptional..
funny story. my good friend found the first kolosand alba that came out of that cross. he was working at the nursery that was growing that bunch of plants out and the album was about to be shipped out in bud for like 50$ just like the regular coloratums, but he was paying good attention and switched it out for one with "regular buds"....WHEW

Thank you so much, Shen, for posting these images! I particularly love the last one: the Dollgoldi 'Moriyama' SM/TPS! It's wonderful - broad, shapely petals, pouch, seen from this angle, at least, in proportion. Overall a fine flower!

Back