Greenhouses in Indianapolis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I will be on the north side of Indianapolis later this month for a very brief trip but if I can free up some time I would like nothing better than to visit some orchid nurseries in that city. Hours after 5pm are preferable. Any suggestions?

usually once it's dark outside most places close up (in my experience) though could be someplace open

here are some greenhouses that are in the area, but don't know if they have any orchids (and it looks like most are in the southern part of the city). unfortunately for us all, hoosier orchids was there, but no longer in business

http://local.botw.org/Indiana/Indianapolis/Home_and_Garden/Florists/Orchid_Growers/

Is there still a public park with a greenhouse. Its the one that got me started on greenhouse growing, many many years ago. I'd go there with my Mom and loved the smell of warmth and growth... it was wonderful!!
Too bad Hoosier Orchids is no longer in business.

After 5 PM is tough!

I'm there for work, I hope to be finished by 3 but it could take longer.

Orchid Mall was chaos. They do list states, but I couldn't find a vendor listing organized by state. I searched for "IN" and got results like "servINg the community since..." My patience is spent waiting for orchids to bloom, there's none left for navigating crazy web sites!

Thanks,
Chris

There's also Hilltop Orchids in Cloverdale, West of Indianapolis.

Also, Russ Vernon's New Vision Orchids -- I'm not sure where they are.

Dot,

I think New Vision Orchids is located in or around Muncie, which is about an hour (or less?) north-east of Indianapolis. A worth-while drive if you're into Phalaenopsis. Actually, meeting Russ Vernon is worth the ride even if you're not into Phals. Call ahead, though, because he does a lot of shows.

Thanks,

Tom

Back