Gotta love

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

consettbay2003

Reaction score
Primary fairrieanum hybrids. :wink:
First to bloom from two flasks (deflasked 29/5/13)

QkVCbx.jpg

Nice primary fairrieanum hybrids always have pretty uniformly nice shape. I made fair backround complex using Irish llullaby and giantstone. Very uniform nice ahape from fair. The petal width a little weak but that is to be expected. So traded a little petal width for uniformity. Be nice to Breed on with.

fairrieanum x Ice Galaxy

Two years from flask so I probably shouldn't have let this little guy bloom. I expect the stem to be much better on the next blooming.

fairrieanum x Ice Galaxy would not be a primary hybrid. Primary is only if both parents are species. This is a complex hybrid.

I presume we are looking at fairrieanum x Icy Galaxy (a complex with a LOT of Brachy). There is no registered hybrid called Ice Galaxy.

Definitely a complex hybrid then, so best described as a fairrieanun F1 hybrid rather than a fairrieanum primary. If it is capable of greater stem length that is probably going to have to come from the fairrieanum side of the family. The flower itself could hardly be more satisfying as a very-fairrie hybrid.

Latest posts

Back