Gloria Naugle 'Crimson Beauty' 89.4 AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the write up there is a sentence about the pouch being large with a but before it like this was a negative-this is from the comments of the paph challenged judge. Duh the whole flower is large. Larger in every dimension than any ever awarded, including the pouch. I am sorry the judge who said the pouch is large is a moron when it comes to paphs and its hybrids. He has obviously never seen a micranthum. A large pink pouch is desirable in micranthum and its hybrids.

It is like penalising a sanderianum because the petals are too long. Just illogical.

David

Thanks. Were you there?

multiple judges I know thought it was an FCC.

Yeah, I was clerking. I got into the room where the plants were being held and went right to it in the morning when I saw it. I was telling my friend Ive never seen one quite like it, except for this one I saw online recently...had no idea they were the same plant, just thought quality was on par. :rollhappy:

When they read the score, there was a groan from everyone, and a joke about passing the score sheets back again. This flower had a lot of people in love at first sight. Please, just bring it back again. Ill come pick it up if I have to. :)

Back