Gastrorchis schlechteri 'Fredensborg'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo Update

GastrorchisSchlecteriiFLS410.jpg
GastrorchisSchlecteriiPL.jpg

OK Tom. I am seriously miffed. My plant and yours are the same clone and you have bloomed yours.... hahah.. lucky you. :poke:

Mine has gone all growth. The original 3 bulbs have put out 7 growths that are half grown now. I can only hope they all bloom. Did you repot yours? I have mine in live moss and it seems to like that a lot, as does the Phaius flavus "alba"

Brett

Last edited:
Spectacular
the cultivar extension "Fredensborg" means that it origins from Hans Christiansen's orchid Nursery in Denmark - did you buy it there ?

OK Tom. I am seriously miffed. My plant and yours are the same clone and you have bloomed yours.... hahah.. lucky you.

Mine has gone all growth though. The original 3 bulbs have put out 7 growths that are half grown now. I can only hope they all bloom. Did you repot yours? I put mine into live moss and it seems to like that a lot, as does the Phaius flavus "alba"

Brett

Brett, I didn't repot it since it was winter time and I wanted to see what it was going to do in my cold conditions (OK, I was lazy!). Seriously, about 3 weeks after getting it, it began to initiate spikes, so maybe cold is a trigger for flowering them?

Spectacular
the cultivar extension "Fredensborg" means that it origins from Hans Christiansen's orchid Nursery in Denmark - did you buy it there ?

Uri, this clone is available in Japan, and apparently other parts of Asia (Brett is in Thailand). I got mine through a nursery here.

Peter, thanks for the compliment and that is one wild looking Maxillaria!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back