Galearis spectabilis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
I photographed this species a couple weeks ago but haven't had time to post the photo. Enjoy!

galspectab.jpg

Cool. Not beautiful (sorry) but cool that it exists in nature, naturally. :) Thanks Z.

What do you mean, not beautiful ?!?!? Just look at that lip!!!!

(okay, maybe not, but the pink "hood" is awful cute. :))

Hello Zack,
Have you been to the Sweet Briar College grounds north of Lynchburg, Va? I was just there with a fellow orchid photographer last weekend and if a few hours we found three putty root, some tipularia leaves but didn't see signs of any liparis liliifolia or showy orchis which were listed in the area we were looking. Also was hoping to see southern small ladyslipper or isotria which were supposed to be in a different area. Do you by the way have any certified, absolutely positively identified photographs of southern small yellow ladyslipper? There were some plants up in the mountains in flower that we were told were s.s. ladyslipper but the leaves don't quite look like what I was expecting though the plants/flowers were quite small. It doesn't help that yellow ladyslippers can be of widely different sizes in a fairly wide range of habitats as well. I can't place the fragrance of the flowers we saw, it really was a different fragrance and I can't say that it was 'rose-like' but didn't smell like anything I had smelled before.

Latest posts

Back