First bloom lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
This is a first time bloomer that I purchased last spring as an NBS seedling from Bloomfield Orchids. Lots of room for improvement but it shows promise. Four buds on a tall, tall spike.

Attachments

• 2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0001.JPG
    2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0001.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0007.JPG
    2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0007.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Here you go Eric....:p :p :p I resized it so it would be accepted...just for you. :D It is in a 4" pot.

Attachments

• 2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0008.JPG
    2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0008.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 29
Great job blooming Wendy. Can you take another pic, closeup of the staminode? It looks to be atypical for this species, I would like a second look.

Here you go...It does have the little horn on the staminode.

Attachments

• 2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0006.JPG
    2009_0301paphlowiibrassiadata0006.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Wendy. The horn at the top(near attachment area) is normal. The lower portion of the staminode is off from most that I've seen, check out Rick's posting and Ramon's as well. Tell me what you think.....

I looked again at yours compared to the other two and maybe it's just the camera shot w/ flash that is throwing me off.

Last edited:
very nice Wendy, but what a spike !!! (the spike of my lowii is about 20 cm now, so looks as if it has still some way to go:eek:). Jean

Thanks Wendy. The horn at the top(near attachment area) is normal. The lower portion of the staminode is off from most that I've seen, check out Rick's posting and Ramon's as well. Tell me what you think.....

I looked again at yours compared to the other two and maybe it's just the camera shot w/ flash that is throwing me off.

That is interesting. The staminode is similar to the album forms.

Ramon:)

I will try tomorrow to get a closeup of the staminode without the flash...or later tonight if I have time.

Thanks all...I appreciate any feedback. :D

Wendy,

That's a gorgeous plant and flower! I'm sure next time will be even better! :clap:

:clap: :clap: I'd be happy too!
Thanx for posting the whole plant photo. It's quite reasonably sized, so now there should be a rush on lowii purchases!

or I have to ask - 'why are mine not blooming?:mad:

It's beautiful! I've wanted one for some time...I think that time has come! :rollhappy:

Back