FInally got some S/H

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PaphAddict

I found a hydroponics store locally the other day and got me some semi hydroponics media and a few pots. It is a pretty cool store they sell MH and floro lights and tons of different ferts. I planted my first Catt. that needed to be planted in it today. I am going to replant a blooming Paph in it once the bloom is done. I have been reeding the first rays website, but any recommendations or warning are welcome. I have never used this media before and don't want to kill any of my plants.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Yea they had that and a white one. I picked up a small back of the hydroton. Is it good or bad?

Dave

For me, catts. love it. I've had no success with paphs in it. I usually buy and ship the leca for my paphs. You'll have to see how yours takes to it.

right now I only have a catt. cutting in it. Whats leca? different brand or type of media?

Dave

CROP KING is the way to go, never mind the shipping...I've got all my orchids happily in s/h, except for the paphs. But I'm a weinie and a scaredy cat. Eventually the paphs will be in s/h, but not quite yet...

LECA is short for light expanded clay aggregate. So, basically leca is the general name for a number of different name brand medias on the market.

Back