fertilizer and compot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paworsport

Reaction score
Hi All

when do you begin tofertilize your young seedlings ?
I have deflasked 3 flasks mi September and all are ok.

2 of them are growing now with new leaves. The third one is ok but don't show new leaves yet (purpuratum).

Is it time to give fertilizer and at what rate ?
I use only rain water for my seedlings an it seems it works very well.

Thank you in advance for your advices.

Phil

I just started fertilizing my compots I deflasked a little over a month ago, MSU at a rate of 1/8 tsp/gal. The leaves are starting to green up and I haven't seen one yet that isn't starting new leaf growth.

Immediately. Seedling out of a good lab are usually well driving if you get them for deflasking. I keep the seedlings driving and treet them nearly like adult plants (but more humidity and a finer bark of course).

thank you for your answer. But is it usefull to avoid fertilizer to young seedlings to induce new roots ie to force the seedling to generate roots to find food ?

thank you for your answer. But is it usefull to avoid fertilizer to young seedlings to induce new roots ie to force the seedling to generate roots to find food ?

I have found that an organic fertilizer (like Kelp, Seagro) can be used almost immediately. I don't give my seedlings a chemical fertilizer in the first year, and get very acceptable growth and development with regular organics.

Back