Enc alata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
2 foot spike 25 flowers and buds...heavenly fragrance!

P6300092.jpg

P6300102.jpg

Very nice!! mine just finished blooming and is starting new growths. I find it hard to capture the right colors of the flowers!! Jean

I always look forward to this one blooming! It takes close to 2 months to bloom from the point I notice a spike until flowering. The fragrance is close to the fragrance of honey....yummmm

Jean...are you sure on the ID??? The brown reticulated tepals remind me of Encyclia fowliei but the lip and laterals do not...I suspect it is not alata though but definitely a stunning species, very showy!!!! I bet it is one of the Brazilian species.

Jean...are you sure on the ID??? The brown reticulated tepals remind me of Encyclia fowliei but the lip and laterals do not...I suspect it is not alata though but definitely a stunning species, very showy!!!! I bet it is one of the Brazilian species.

You see, I was referring to the tag of the plant (once again:eek::eek:), but of course , looking at other alata picts on the web, yours is alata, and mine ?:eek: . there are so many Encyclia species!! I became suspicious because mine is not fragrant at all!! Jean

I have many plants that have not bloomed out to be what the tag said. Sometime that is for the good, sometimes it is a disappointment. I have a couple of rare species due to this situation. What ever species yours is, it is quite stunning!!!

Latest posts

Back