Dtps. Purple Martin and other Phals

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

I don't grow a lot of Phals plus I'm normally drawn to species but here are some hybrids that managed to stick around and are currently in bloom.

First is a Dtps Purple Martin 'K.S.' Small plant, the flowers are only about an inch across or so. The colour is tricky to photograph but looks fairly accurate on my screen. Has a gorgeous fragrance in the morning

DtpsPurpleMartinKSa.jpg

Also still have two NOIDs which I bought when I first started growing orchids

PhalNOIDsbg2.jpg

PhalNOID5.jpg

Lovely phals! I think they're great. They bloom for such a long time, helps pass the time waiting for everything else to spike...:D

great pict. Elena. I, too, like best the blue one: it seems to have a lot of Phal. equestris coerulea in its parentage!!! Jean

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

Lovely phals! I think they're great. They bloom for such a long time, helps pass the time waiting for everything else to spike...:D

That's why I kept some and that's exactly what I'm doing right now - looking at the Phals while waiting for some very slow spikes/buds :D

Purle Martin doesn't actually have any equestris in it. It's Dtps Kenneth Schubert x Phal violacea so it's 2 parts violacea and one part Doritis pulcherrima.

Sorry Elena, I must have be troubled by the blue ! :eek: Here a pic. of my equestris coerulea, the lip is def. different!! Jean

phalequestriscoerulea46pb4.jpg

Nice phals Elena, but I especially like the blue one. You're an excellent photographer too btw.

The equestris coerulea is beautiful too Jean.

Very nice equestris var coerulea! I have never seen one before.. and now, needless to say, it's high up on my wish list! :drool: Thanks for sharing.. and enabling :D

Excellent photos Elena and what shall I say - I'm also mesmerized by the blue colour of your hybrid and Jeans equestris var. coerulea.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Back