Dendrobium glomeratum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
A little seedling I picked up a couple years ago from Oak Hill. The label has changed, originally it was labelled S. suluwanensi, but I think D. glomeratum is the current name. Lovely long lasting 2 inch flowers. I was hoping for one of the really large flowered ones, but this is not bad. This is an evergreen Dendrobium, no rest period needed. Grows all year round.

Flowers hang down, so it was hard to get the 'classic headshot' photo. A lot of vibration in the close-up. :mad:

Den-glomeratum-710-Feb2010a.jpg

Den-glomeratum-710-Feb2010b.jpg

Den-glomeratum-710-Feb2010c.jpg

Too bad for the fuzzy picture. In sunlight, they have a beautiful crystalline texture and they last a long time on the plant. This is a very desirable species and easy to grow. A very good buy, Leo. :clap::clap::clap:

I found they love water, intermediate temps and bright light. Mine's growing in S/H and it grows like a weed. It's bloomed twice this year. Last summer it was in bloom for 2 months. It's been in bloom since mid-November!

Back