Dend. parthenium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

a new one for me. one of our OS members recieved a CHM last month on sib of this one.

DSCF7944.jpg

DSCF7895.jpg

DSCF7893.jpg

Forrest

I've got 2 that are ready to burst out of 4in pots, probably at least 15 growths each. I just wish they would have more flowers open at a time, but these have been doing a few here a few there. The stems are really long, 3ft

Hey Forrest,
This is related to Den. sanderae and should bloom with tons of flowers. Give it some time...maybe next blooming it will surprise you!

Pete

Dendrobium parthenium comes only from Sabah, for the real ones. They are very easy to grow and clump easily, but they do not make many flowers open at the same time ( few per bulb, maybe 1-5).

I have got quite a lot of plants over the years from Malaysia of it, though I prefer other species like sculptum, ovipostriferum... and overall lowii... Funny, because mines just opened last week here.

When I visited first Malaysia in 1994, it was a really expensive rarity, so I decided to try to get some plants, and went nearly obsessed at that time by parthenium, ovipostriferum (the fake one, the dearei variety), sculptum (that is really a gorgeous species, growing well in Hanoi, but needs cold in winter and warm in summer)... :drool:

You have time, but an old plant of parthenium can reach about 2m+.

Latest posts

Back